Each Saturday, China Grove Middle School will send out a message to parents, students, and other stakeholders to provide timely and relevant information. Below is the Saturday Message for May 20, 2017:
- There are only six instructional days before End of Grade testing begins. Parents, we appreciate you sending your students to school prepared and ready to learn everyday for the remainder of the year.
- On Tuesday, we will hold a mock EOG at the beginning of the day. Students should report to first block as normal. During the mock EOG, students will view an orientation video for online testing and complete an ELA assessment.
As a reminder, here is our testing schedule:
- Wednesday, May 31st Reading EOG
- Thursday, June 1st Math EOG
- Friday, June 2nd Social Studies NCFE
- Monday, June 5th Science NCFE
- Tuesday, June 6th Math 1 EOC
- All exams will be administered on the iPad, so students should bring their devices to school fully charged, everyday. Also, please be aware that fidget cubes and spinners will not be allowed in testing rooms, so plan ahead and work through any separation anxiety your child may experience ahead of time.
- This is the last week of enrichment and remediation during the REACH schedule.
- 8th grade parents, please plan to attend the Moving Up Ceremony on Friday, June 9th at 9:00 AM. This promotion ceremony is in the gymnasium, and doors will open at 8:15.
- All rising 7th and 8th grade students are reminded of the Reading and Math projects ALL students are responsible for completing this summer. Please check with your ELA teacher, or our website or one of the many posters throughout the building for more information.
- The RSS Media Department is collecting books for our Summer Read and Feed Initiative. If you have elementary or middle school appropriate books that are new or gently used, please send them to the CGMS media center. There is also a collection box in the front office. We will collect books through the end of the year.
Thank you and have a great weekend.